We decided to get involved in the festivities of National Beer Day today by making Beer Cheese Soup! This recipe can be enjoyed by beer lovers, as well as your little apple juice lovers!
Thanks to our chef Marshall, we now have a delicious homemade Beer Cheese Soup recipe to make for our events, (and maybe even at home *wink, wink).
Let’s dive into this recipe!
Impressions Catering Beer Cheese Soup
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup minced carrots
1/2 cup green onions
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 cup beer (We used New Belgium Fat Tire, but you can use any light beer with less hops)
1 tsp whole grain mustard
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar
1 1/2 cup smoked gouda
1. In a large saucepan, sweat the celery, carrots, and onions in the butter.
2. Once the butter has melted and the vegetables have had a little time to cook (without browning), add the flower and stir together.
3. After it has thickened add your chosen beer and milk and bring it to a simmer. Stir when needed.
4. Once simmered, add the sharp cheddar and smoked gouda and stir until all the cheese has melted.
5. Lastly stir in your spices.
You now have a delicious beer cheese recipe that you can enjoy with pretzels, crispy cut veggies, toasted pita chips, and finish it off with your favorite ice cold beer! Enjoy!
– Mady Hicks
Impressions Catering and Events
Social Media Executive